Tuesday 24 March 2020 – Port Moresby No. G191
- Emergency Declaration on certain basic goods and services.
Monday 23 March 2020 – Port Moresby No. G185
- No Selling, transport or selling of betel nut.
- No travels with provinces irrespective of means of transport.
- All organizations and companies adopt and implement safe work practices as issued by the department of Health.
- All persons who have come into PNG since 7th March 2020 must report to the following number 1800 0200.
Friday 20 March 2020 – Port Moresby No. G183
- No Persons to enter the territory of Papua New Guinea
- Bans on venues or parts of venues providing
- Gambling activities
- Night club activities and services
- Sports clubs and venues selling tickets for sports, musical or cultural events.
- An immediate ban is placed on gatherings of over 100 persons and continues for force for 7 days.
Key Government Interventions
Tuesday 24 March 2020 Hon. Jelta Wong Minister for Health and HIV/AIDS issues instructions on;
- Ban of sale and consumption of Buai/Betel-nut
- Ban all domestic and provincial travels in PNG with special exception to Police, Military and Health Workers
- All organisation and companies to implement safe work practices and direct non-essentials to stay at home.
- All requests all persons who have arrived in PNG since 7th March to report to COVID-19 response team 1800 200
Tuesday 24 March 2020 Hon. Ian Ling-Stucky Minister for Treasury issues;
- Emergency Declaration on Certain Basic Goods and Services.
Monday 23 March 2020 Grand Chief Sir Bob Dadae Governor-General declares;
- The Existence of a State of Emergency throughout Papua New Guinea in response to COVID-19 (Corona virus) pandemic for a period of 14 days (Monday 23th March – 5th April 2020).
Friday 20 March 2020 Hon Jelta Wong, Minister for Health and HIV/AIDS declares;
- Ban entry to territory of Papua New Guinea
- Ban on operations and venues of gambling, night clubs and sports, musical and cultural events including immediate ban on gatherings of over 100 persons.