Wednesday 17 June 2020
The Governor-General , Grand Chief Sir Bob Dadae, by virtue of the powers conferred under Section 41 (1) of the National Pandemic Act 2020, acting with and in accordance with the advise of the National Executive Council today declared the existence of a COVID-19 pandemic throughout Papua New Guinea with effect from 17 June until further notice.
The Governor-General, also under the National Pandemic Act 2020, acting with and in accordance with the advise of the National Executive Council today appointed Police Commissioner, David Manning as the Controller of the COVID-19 pandemic with effect from 17 June until further notice.
And today as the first order of business Mr Manning issued seven National Pandemic Measures aimed enhancing the PNG Government’s COVID-19 response. These include the following:
- Pandemic Measure No.1-International & Domestic Travel Measures-17.06.20;
- Pandemic Measure No.2-Provincial Coordination Measures-17.06.20;
- Pandemic Measure No.3-Burial of Deceased Persons Measures-17.06.20;
- Pandemic Measure No.4-Customs Duties Measures-17.06.20;
- Pandemic Measure No.5-COVID-19 Testing Measure-17.06.20;
- Pandemic Measure No.6-COVID-19 Surveillance & Testing Measures-17.06.20; and
- Pandemic Measure No.7-Business & Social Measures-17.06.20.
(The National Government Gazette No. G358 dated June 17, 2020 and the seven National Pandemic Measures, can be viewed on the Official Covid-19 website: covid19.info.gov.pg
Media contact: Chief Superintendent Dominic D. Kakas, BEM, DPS
Team Leader – COVID-19 Media & Public Information Joint Agency Task Force
Mobile: 75430557 :Email: email@example.com